Global SAI knives follow in the same tradition as Classic Global knives and are made in the same fashion by skilled Japanese craftsmen in Yoshikin's factory. All of our experience in manufacturing hollow Stainless Steel handles and modern blade technology having been embodied in them. Global SAI knives, like the originals, have been designed by Komen Yamada, calling upon his 25 years of experience and know-how.
The handle design is entirely new and incorporates an ergonomic thumb-rest to ease the cutting motion. The blades are crafted from special Cromova 18 Sanso material, comprising three layers of Stainless Steel. The central layer with cutting edge is of Cromova 18 Stainless Steel, hardened to Rockwell 58-59 degrees and honed to a fine edge to give awesome cutting performances. This is sandwiched between two layers of softer SUS410 Stainless Steel material, which helps to protect the blade against chipping, rusting and staining.
A new, hammered finish is applied to the sides of the blade. This is not purely decorative. The air pockets resulting from this; result in a better release of food being cut, giving the blade non-stick properties.
Sai Santoku Knife features:
- Made in Japan.
- Designed by Global’s Komin Yamada.
- Triple-ply stainless steel blade – a core of hard stainless steel is sandwiched between two layers of softer stainless steel which protects the blade against chipping, rusting and staining.
- Hammered finish on both sides of the blade allows air pockets to form between your food and the blade, allowing for smoother slicing.
- Ergonomically-designed handle incorporates a thumb-rest for comfort during use.
- Seamless construction is hygienic, eliminating the risk of food becoming trapped anywhere on the knife.
- Recommended for use with wooden cutting boards.
- Hand wash recommended.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Chalet Essentials users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.